LED Lighting Installation in Portsmouth 02393 960142
Are you thinking of converting your house to LED lighting? If you are then you are on the right track. And if you have never thought about it, still read on to know why it is beneficial, how to go about, and the importance of dealing with an experienced and reputable electrician in Portsmouth.
As we know, people are always looking for alternative but cheaper ways of lowering the cost of power bills. The UK, like many other regions in the world, is a heavy consumer of power/electricity. And just like the other regions, the consumers haven’t been spared when it comes to soaring power bills. One of the best solutions to this problem is replacing the traditional lights (fluorescent or halogen) with LED. Light emitting diode (LED) is revered for its low energy consumption, durability, and has greatly improved. You also have a wide array of options to choose from.
Why Switch to LED Lighting?
– Energy Efficiency: Do you know that Led is the most efficient form of lighting. Studies show that is it uses only 10% of the provided energy. This means that a 10 watt Led bulb is equivalent to a 100-watt halogen bulb, a 6W Led is equivalent to a 60W halogen and so on.
– Durability: Look around- you will come across Led lights that can offer 50,000 hours or more. In years, the lighting bulbs will last for a long time, unlike halogen or fluorescent which rarely go beyond 2 years.
– Safety: Due to their low voltage or minimal energy consumption, Led bulbs don’t emit a lot of heat. This not only makes the environment more convenient but also has a lesser impact on the electrical systems (wires, plugs, sockets etc).
– Improved Technology: Although launched many years ago, the uptake of LED lighting was low. This was partly blamed to unreliable technology. But this has changed. Improved technology has not only led to many products, better efficiency but has made the products more affordable.
How to Go About Installing LED Lights
Contrary to what you may think, installing LED lights isn’t just about plugging it in a plug or bulb holder. A lot of things are considered during the process, and these include the following;
– Electrical Wiring: Although LED lights use the same electrical standards (220V, 50/60 Hz in the UK), they are slightly different. A LED bulb draws a little current and doesn’t require high starting current like fluorescent bulbs which need a starter. It’s important to verify that the circuitry will deliver the desired voltage and current.
– Color Temperature: Ever heard of Kelvin or simply K. This is the color temperature of bulbs. The higher the figure the nearer it is to natural light. A 2700K bulb produces warm light while a higher valued type for example 5000k will almost be white. The color temperature selection is also influenced by market trends, home design, and individual preferences.
– Number of Lights: As stated earlier, the wattage of LED watts is much lower than halogen or fluorescent. This also means that a place that initially has 3 bulbs may require either 3 Led bulbs of low watts or one led light with high watts. The arithmetic can be a bit complicated and is best left to the professionals.
– Voltage: If you have ever looked closely, you may have realized that some bulbs come with pins while other feature pegs. The first type is usually a low voltage kind and works with a transformer that is hidden in the ceiling or inside the lighting fitting. The latter is a high voltage unit and works directly with the mains.
How our Electricians sets About the Installation
Switching to LED light is the best move you can make when it comes to quality lighting, conserving energy, and cost efficiency. However, as we have seen earlier, it’s not a “stroll along the beach.” You need to consider many aspects or else you will end up spending a lot of money, messing with the electrical system, and possible redoing the entire job again. The best way is to let a professional Portsmouth Electrician do the work. Firstly, they start by listening to you to understand your needs. Secondly, they will examine and inspect the electrical installation to see if there are any bottlenecks or flaws. Thirdly, they will come up with the best alternative that will offer similar or better lighting but is friendly to your pocket. Finally, the contractor, after agreement, will commence the installation.
The good thing about working with a professional electrician is that he/she is not only familiar with the entire process but also gives a guarantee of the service. A reputable firm will be certified and registered to provide this service. And to give you peace-of-mind, top firms are insured by leading insurers.
If you are thinking about converting your house to LED lighting, you shouldn’t hesitate to talk to us. Electricians in Portsmouth electricians-portsmouth.co.uk posses diverse experience in this field and has installed different systems in homes in the region. We embrace the latest technologies, work with reputable contractors, and always put your interest first. Why don’t you talk to us and make the switchover?
For a free quote, simply click here on a mobile, or call 02393 960142