Landlord Certificates in Portsmouth
If you are a landlord and you maintain properties that are for lease, you have the moral obligation to make your properties safe to live in. Imagine the health and safety of your own home, you ensure that it is built with an electrical system that is properly functioning and that its status is attested by a certified electrician, the same condition should be found in your rented homes.
What Is a Landlord Certificate?
To make sure that your property, with the electrical circuit and appliances in it, are in good running condition. A landlord certificate, specifically an electrical safety certificate, is proof of your property’s safety condition. While the electrical safety certificate in Portsmouth is not a legal requirement, it is instead an essential document that will compel landlords to comply with safety electrical requirements. Legally, your property should be checked every 5 to 10 years.
The periodic inspection will cover the following:
- 1. Discover any potential safety risks
- 2. Check applicability of electrical circuits
- 3. Inspect for possible damage from wear and tear especially for old homes
- 4. Have a certified electrician to do the inspection
- 5. Check functionality of existing home appliances if these were provided by the landlord
Electrician Portsmouth UK provides safety tips for landlords to ensure their properties are in compliance with electrical safety:
- 1. Conduct periodical tests on electrical installation by a certified electrician
- 2.Have electricians check for faulty wiring that should be replaced immediately
- 3. Educate tenants on the placement and access of main electrical supply
- 4. If the rented property has appliance provision, forward to them copies of the operating manuals
Fill in the Contact Form or Call us Right Now….